Serious Eats Reviews 16 of the best Grilled Cheese Sandwiches in NYC. If you’re looking for where to go for your next melted cheese delight, this is a pretty good cheat-sheet to work off of:
Cheese is delicious. Melted cheese is more delicious. Why, exactly? The gooey factor is nice, and the heat of a griddle or sandwich press brings out entirely new flavors and textures, the makings of some of our favorite sandwiches. In honor of the greatness that is melted cheese, we’ve looked back on some of our favorite New York Grilled Cheeses. Whether it’s a nutty French affair paired with a fancy jam, or simply white bread hugging American slices next to a bowl of tomato soup, grilled cheese is the best, and these are the best of the best.
- Grilled Cheese at Bouchon Bakery
- Grilled Kimcheese at Porsena Extra Bar
- A Taleggio sandwich at Murray’s Cheese Shop
- The Green Table’s Grilled Cheese
- Asiago, Muenster, Parmesan, Butternut Squash at Little Muenster
- All American at Murray’s Cheese Shop
- Grilled Cheese with Bacon and Tomato at Westville West
- Fig and Cheese at Beecher’s Handmade Cheese
- Imperial Grilled Cheese at 61 Local
- Gouda Grilled Cheese at Queens Kickshaw in Astoria
- Grilled Cheese and Tomato Bisque at Slightly Oliver
- Grilled Cheese with Chorizo and Bacon at Eggs Travaganza
- Grilled Cheese at The Spotted Pig
- Classic Melt at Murray’s Cheese Bar
- Cheddar and Mozzarella at Queens Kickshaw in Astoria
- Grilled Cheese at Tiny’s Giant Sandwich Shop
Check out the slideshow and reviews at Serious Eats!
(Photos ©2012 Serious Eats)
LET’S ALL HOLD HANDS AND GOOOOOO!!!!!
Obsessed with grilled cheese? YES I AM!
Guys…It’s no longer in my nature to eat a shit-ton of carbs anymore, HOWEVER, for grilled cheeses, I will always make the exception. There’s a grilled cheese cart that’s also pretty good!